FG releases N1.1 billion Ekiti State Budget Support Fund
Governor Ayodele Fayose has confirmed the release of Ekiti State N1.1 billion Support Fund which was seized by The Federal Ministry of Finance about two weeks ago. The Governor disclosed this yesterday in Ado Ekiti
Governor Ayodele Fayose discosed this through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi, who quoted the governor as saying “I don’t want to join issues with anybody on the allocation, it is a statutory allocation for all the states, I can confirm to you here that by Tuesday next week, I will get the bank alert for the money, an official communication on the release was passed to me on Thursday,” the governor said
Ekiti state government and officials of the Federal Ministry of Finance had been on the issue of non-release of the money. The money had been paid into the account of the state, penultimate Thursday, but withdrawn a day later for reasons not disclosed.
According to a statement by the ministry said the money was withheld because the Ekiti State did not fulfil some of it obligations, but it was timely denied by the state government.
In a rapid reaction, the governor , who spoke through one of his aides, Mr Lere Olayinka, said the explanation was an afterthought meant to mislead the public.