13 Things Couples Must Know about their Bedroom
A matrimonial bedroom is a powerful place in the house. But some couples take their bedroom for granted. Many couples don’t really know how significant the bedroom is to their matrimony.
Some couples just use the place anyhow not minding how sacred their marriage bed is and why their bedroom is called the ‘Master Bedroom’ out of all the bedrooms in the house.
Here, we shall look at things all couples must know about their bedroom.
- Your bedroom is not a theatre/cinema: we all know what they do in a cinema and so you must not turn your bedroom to a cinema house where instead of resting and creating time for your spouse you have turned into a film room. There should be no television or radio in your bedroom in order to prevent distractions.
- It is not a guest room: your bedroom is not a guest room, so, no visitor should be entertained there. If you need to attend to anybody, meet with them in the sitting room. It is not a public meeting room not even for your parents and siblings.
- It is not a library: never turn your bedroom into a reading room. Have a separate room for your library and any other study you might want to do
- It is not a laundry room: have a separate room where you pack your dirty clothes and stop the habit of dumping dirty clothes anywhere in your room
- Your bedroom is not a nursery: if the children need to be attended to, do that in a separate place, not your bedroom. Let your children understand that it is Daddy & Mummy special room. With that consciousness in them, they will not disturb you.
- It is not a dining room: once you turn your bedroom into a dining room, then you turn it to the abode of ants and I believe you don’t want this to happen. So, stop eating in your bedroom
- It is a place of rest: you are meant to relax and take enough rest in your bedroom with your spouse after a long day work or even a place just for relaxation and where your hearts can connect without disturbance.
- It is a place of open heaven: here you and your spouse are permitted to also connect with your creator in prayers without hindrance
- It is a place of nakedness without being ashamed: because of this singular reason, you cannot afford to give people access to your room anyhow.
- It is a place for two, not three: have you heard of that statement, ‘two is a company but three is a crowd?’ That is the case whenever you allow a third person in your bedroom. It becomes the room for the crowd and can be left scattered.
- It is not a one-person room: marriage is daddy and mummy living in the same country, city, house, room, on the same bed and under the same duvet. Nothing like the man or the woman keeping to themselves.
- It is a place of love: it is a room for two people to connect at the deepest level of love. A place to play, laugh, touch, relax, discuss, whisper, kiss, and look at each other just to admire yourselves.
- It is a place of lovemaking: your bedroom is a place of lovemaking where you get the full enjoyment without minding who is looking because it is the room for the two of you.
Always bear this in mind that your bedroom is meant for you and your spouse and it must be kept sacred for the two of you.
When you don’t give respect to your bedroom, you will not have respect in your marriage.