15 WAYS TO ACHIEVE DEEP INTIMACY IN MARRIAGE
Intimacy in Marriage not something that happens by accident, it’s not on self-drive, not automatic.
It something we’ve got to labor for if we want to achieve it, we need to know the knowhow, if you want to get the best result.
Here we will learn how to achieve very deep intimacy in your Marriage:
1) DEAL WITH YOURSELF: Pay attention to your own emotions. Many of us have two words to describe our emotions: happy or angry. But there are dozens of emotions that fall in between those words. Become familiar with emotions by reading up on the subject and paying attention to what really goes on inside of you. You might even want to keep a journal of your thoughts and emotions throughout the day.
2) DEAL WITH OLD BAGGAGES: Evaluate your past. Take a walk back to your childhood and consider the emotional connectedness of the family you grew up in. Was it ok to express feelings in your home? Did your family really know one another or were they simply operating as roommates living under one roof?
3) ACCEPT YOUR SPOUSE: stop comparing your spouse with others, accept the one you married, celebrate your spouse, close doors against others.
4) BE A POSITIVE PARTNER: Determine to be a “safe” person for your spouse to share his/her emotions, thoughts, and feelings with. If you are characterized by criticism or trying to fix your spouse, you will close the door on inviting him/her to share.
5) TIME: Increase the time you spend together as a couple. Intimacy can’t be created without spending time talking not just about the events of the day, but also how you feel about the events of the day.
6) TALK,TALK AND TALK: Talk life friends, talk like lovers, talk about things that are relevant and the one that are not relevant, talk, discuss, joke, gist and laugh together.
7) MANAGE CONFLICT: Deal with conflict swiftly. Don’t resort to the silent treatment or snide remarks. Learn to “fight fair” by getting the issue out on the table and dealing with it with respect. This will grow trust and deepen intimacy.
8) FORGIVE GENEROUSLY: Don’t harbor offence, deal with bitterness and resentment.
9) GET HELP: You may find that a marriage counselor is helpful in launching you and your spouse into new emotional territory. If you struggle with emotional intimacy more than your spouse, a few private counseling sessions might help you learn some things about yourself and move from where you are to where you want to be.
10) COME DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF YOUR PARNER: Don’t feel you are too big,come down to connect your spouse.
11) KICK TELEVISION OUT OF YOUR BEDROOM: Marriage Bedroom is meant for rest, sex and romance, television will impede this, please kick it out of your bedroom.
12) DONT ABUSE TECHNOLOGY: Never allow Technology takes over your life and destroy your marriage, chatting and calling endlessly will not help your marriage, create time to be with your spouse.
13) ATTEND MARRIAGE RENEWAL PROGRAMS TOGETHER
Attend marriage enrichment program together with your spouse regularly, this will help rebuild your home.
14) READ BOOKS THAT HELP FOSTER INTIMACY
Get quality books that help build love and intimacy in marriage and read it with your spouse.
15) GIVE ROOM FOR SEXUAL INTIMACY.
Celebrate sex in your marriage, see it as a principal part of your marital life, don’t fight about it, rather enjoy it with your spouse, it is gift from The Lord.
Pastor Bisi Adewale is a family and relationship expert; author of Secret of Irresistible Wife and more than 70 other books on marriage and family life. You can reach him on email@example.com, 08068312004, 08051512823, BB: 2AF5C883, Blog: www.bisiadewale.com, Website:www.familybooster.com facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale.