25 Quick Facts To Know About Asiwaju Bola Tinubu As He Clocks 65
Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu has won for himself fame, influence and unusual feats since his foray into politics which has brought him into limelight nationally and internationally. His political influence transverse the length and breadth of Nigeria.This APC Chieftain and two term Governor of Lagos State clocked 65 yesterday, 29th March, and we in dailyfamily.ng joined the entire world to celebrate him on this occasion of his birthday as we roll out some quick facts about Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.25 Quick Facts To Know About Asiwaju Bola Tinubu As He Clocks 65
- His Full Name: Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu
- His Titles: Senator, Asiwaju Of Lagos and Jagaban Of Borgu Kingdom, Niger State.
- Date Of Birth: 29 March 1952
- Place Of Birth: Lagos. 25 Quick Facts To Know About Asiwaju Bola Tinubu As He Clocks 65
- He attended St. John’s Primary School, Aroloya, Lagos and Children’s Home School inIbadan.
- He attendedRichard J. Daley Collegein Chicago, Illinois and Chicago State University.
- Asiwaju Bola Tinubu graduated in 1979 with aBachelor of Sciencedegree in Accounting.
- The name of his mother isAbibatu Mogaji. She died on June 15, 2014 at the age of 96
- He is married to Senator Oluremi Tinubu, the current Senator representing Lagos Central senatorial district
- His corporate Experience: Tinubu worked for American companiesArthur Andersen,Deloitte, Haskins, & Sells, and GTE Services Corporation. After returning to Nigeria in 1983, Bola Tinubu joined Mobil Oil Nigeria, and later became an Executive of the company. 25 Quick Facts To Know About Asiwaju Bola Tinubu As He Clocks 65
- He was elected a Senator representing the Lagos West constituency in the short-livedNigerian Third Republic in 1993 under the umbrella of Social Democratic Party(SDP)
- He was elected as the governor of Lagos State, under the umbrella of Alliance For Democracy (AD) from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007. 25 Quick Facts To Know About Asiwaju Bola Tinubu As He Clocks 65
- Tinubu is a founding member of the pro-democracyNational Democratic Coalition(NADECO), which mobilized support for the restoration of democracy and recognition of the 12 June 1993 results.
- He went into exile in 1994 and returned to the country in 1998 after the death of military dictatorSani Abacha, which ushered in a transition to civilian rule.
15.Tinubu was influential to the formation of Action congress and All Progressive Congress which ushered in President Muhammadu Buhari as the President of Nigeria.
- In 1999, he won the AD primaries for the Lagos State gubernatorial elections in competition withFunsho Williamsand Wahab Dosunmu, a former Minister of Works and Housing.
- As a Governor, he worked with two deputy governors; Burcknor Akerele and Yomi Pedro
- Tinubu handed over in 29th May 2007
- He is the first Yoruba man whose party defeated the cental ruling party
- Only Tinubu got re-elected among all AD governors in 2003 election.
- Tinubu was preceeded by Col. Buba Marwa.25 Quick Facts To Know About Asiwaju Bola Tinubu As He Clocks 65
- He handed over To Babatunde Raji Fashola(SAN) on the platform of Action Congress
23.His Children : Oluwaseyi Tinubu, Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, Abibat Tinubu
24.His daughter, Folashade Tinubu-Ojo is the current Iyaloja-General of Lagos.
- The former Lagos state governor was always on the Dean’s list and was a Custodian of the Outstanding Student’s Award, also the University Scholar’s Award and a Certificate of Merit in Accounting and Finance, after he scored 3.54 out of a possible 4.0 Grade Point Average.