MARCH BREAKTHROUGH FOR SINGLES AND MARRIED
It was a great time during the last breakthrough for Singles and Married, the monthly programme of the Family Booster Ministries International, as all the singles and married gathered at The Real Place, No 3 Afisman Drive, opposite Ikeja Local Government, Ikeja, Lagos. This last edition which took place on 26th March was tagged EXPOSING THE KILLERS OF MARRIAGE.
The event started with an opening prayer followed by a powerful praise and worship. There were loads of prayer rains as it was a PRAYER CONGRESS.
Pastor Bisi Adewale mounted the stage to give the word and it was another explosive time, he spoke on the topic and highlighted several subtle killers of marriage that creep into homes without the awareness of the couples.
The rate of divorce today is becoming so alarming that we need to examine the causes of this. He took is bible reading from SOS 2:15 “Catch us the foxes the little foxes that spoil the vines, for our vines have tender grapes”
He encouraged couples to take responsibility for their marriage and singles to take responsibility for their lives. There are many killers of marriage namely; Below is an excerpt of Pastor Bisi Adewale message titled EXPOSING KILLERS OF MARRIAGE.
- FAILURE TO RECOGNIZE THE BUILDER: you must recognize God as the builder of marriage for you to be successful in marriage. You must have a prayer altar so that the peace of your family will not be altered and remember a family that prays together stays together
- IGNORANCE: Ignorance is the mother of foolishness and foolishness is the number one enemy of progress. When people fail to learn about marriage and how to make it work, they make a mess of it. As couples, you must attend seminars, read books and listen to counselors in order to improve your marriage
- WRONG FOUNDATION: the foundation on which a house is built matters a lot and wrong foundation automatically destroys a home. Let your foundation be based on Purity, Divine direction, Prayer and
- BAD CHARACTER: character makes marriage and your character is your marriage. Even though you married beauty or money, you are going to live with the character. Bad and offensive characters like pride, laziness, stubbornness, dirtiness, anger, nagging, prayerlessness, criticism, infidelity, smoking, hatred and so on can destroy any marriage no matter how wonderful it is. You must deal with all bad characters before they deal with your marriage.
- STOPPING THE CHASE: you must not stop doing all those beautiful things you did to get that lady to accept your proposal when you are married. Do not take each other for granted. Romance should be a life time hobby in Marriage.
- DEMONIC ACTIVITIES: couples must always have this in mind that devil hates marriage and he is doing everything possible to fight it. Couples should join hands to fight the enemy because the Lord is in their camp. Don’t think that the constant trouble in your Marriage is just natural.
The points mentioned above and some others are very deadly if allowed in any marriage, there must be conscious effort and total surrender to God the initiator of marriage to have an excellent marriage.
Testimonies were also shared by some of the members. During the testimony session, there were people who came out to testify of God’s faithfulness.
Below are some of the testimonies gathered by Dailyfamily at the programme
PLOT OF LAND MIRACULOUSLY GOTTEN DURING CMS
“During the last session of the COLLEGE OF MARITAL SUCCESS (CMS), my twin sister and I never knew we could finish course because of the circumstances surrounding us but God saw us through and during that session someone miraculously gave us a plot land each.”
The next session will commence in 2nd Saturday in May to 3rd Saturday in June 2017
23 YEARS RIB DISLOCATION FIXED BY SHAKING PASTOR BISI
“During the family thanksgiving of Breakthrough for Singles and Married in December 2016, an instruction came that we should shake Pastor Bisi Adewale. I really didn’t want to come out to shake him but something in me kept pushing me, so I did. On shaking him, I just heard one sound on my rib then I knew something has happened because I had an accident 23years ago and since then I’ve not been able to walk freely because of side pain. After the programme, to confirm what had happened, I trekked from the venue of the programme (Eden comfort place, 17 Alade Avenue, opp Lagos Airport Hotel, Awolowo way Ikeja) to under bridge Ikeja and there was no pain. Since that day(now 3 months), I have been okay.”
4YEARS OF BARRENESS OVER
“I have been attending this programme for some time now and I usually buy Pastor Bisi’s books. I have a Sister who has been married for 4years and have been trusting God for the fruit of the womb. I bought like 10 of Pastor Bisi’s books for her, she consumed (read) all the books and also earnestly prayed all the prayers in them. After waiting, God answered her prayers, she conceived and God delivered her safely. I can truly say the Lord is the one that called Pastor Bisi.”
MARITAL ISSUES SETTLED AFTER READING PASTOR BISI’S BOOK
“I got married 2 years ago and after six months into the marriage problem started, my husband just turned to be another thing. I came for the programme one month and I bought the book ‘MY HUSBAND MUST PROSPER’, when I got home I prayed all the prayer points in the book and God took control of the situation to the extent that people now think I used charm on him.”
The programme also featured the thanksgiving of Mr & Mrs Adebayo, the newest couple in the ministry.
The next edition of the programme is scheduled for 30th April, 2017
Also coming up is the Ibadan Singles and Married Summit