5 Important Times to Drink Water to Live Long
Living long and living healthy are two different things. But to live a long life, you must make a healthy lifestyle part and parcel of your life.
We have people who live long but in sickness; some live long and are healthy all through. Others live life but die prematurely.
Water is central to living healthy. And to live life to its fullest, you ought to know how and when to drink water.
Here are four most important times you need to drink water for optimum health
- After waking up: drinking water after you wake up is the best thing you can do to your health because it helps to get rid of toxins from your system before you start the day and take your first meal. Drink one glass to activate your internal organs.
- Before a meal: water wakes up your taste buds and moisturizes the stomach lining so that brittle or acidic foods won’t be uncomfortable. make sure you drink a glass of water 30 minutes before a meal to help dilute the digestive juice and 1 hour after a meal so that the body can absorb the nutrients in the meal you have just eaten.
- Before a shower: taking water before your shower is like cooling off from inside before the water touches your body. one glass to lower blood pressure
- Before going to bed: drink one glass to keep yourself hydrated. This will help replenish any fluid loss that can occur during the night
- Drink Water Before a Workout: Depending on the temperature and your body’s fluid levels, you may need one glass of water to protect against dehydration during and after your workouts.
Drinking water at these specific times will help you to maximise its effectiveness on your body.