There are many marriages today that both partners don’t trust each other and if your marriage must be successful, there must be elements of trust. This can only be initiated in courtship before it flows into marriage.
For you to build trust in your courtship, here are 5 ways you can do so:
1. Talk Through: Never believe or hide any negative information relayed to you about your partner. Instead, call him or her and talk through with a positive mind even if he or she offends you, do not report to a third party. Call him or her, talk through, discuss together and settle in the spirit of love.
2. Lie – Not: To build trust, lie not even if it is ugly, shameful or disgraceful. No matter what happens, tell the truth, face the shame now, it will not last long compared to when the truth exposes you. Be truthful in all things. Always remember that one lie will destroy the trust you have built over the years.
3. Be Best of Friends: It is impossible for someone to trust his enemy. You can only trust your friend. If you want to build trust in your courtship, then you need to be best of friends. I mean intimate friendship. Beware of somebody you can’t talk to or approach freely. Ability to build friendship will enable you to build trust between the both of you.
4. Reveal Your Past: Before you go into marriage, endeavor to reveal your past to one another. Reveal your past now before it makes your relationship a past tense.
5. Hide nothing: What destroys trust the most in relationships is the unveiling of hidden facts called secrets. If you have nothing to hide, you will have nothing to fear. Love is open while lusting and infatuation is full of lies and secrets. Do not lie about your financial ability; open up let your partner know your financial weight.
Demonstrate Acceptance to trust, you must accept the person of your intending spouse. Demonstrate acceptance instead of rejection; accept everything about your partner.