Mercy Johnson is one of the most trending Nollywood actresses in the industry. She is very talented and gifted. She is also one of the most top-notch actresses in Nigeria and some other African countries where she has actually featured in some movies. e.g: Ghana, South Africa, etc.
In this article, I will be telling you 5 real facts about Nollywood’s famous actress, Mercy Johnson that you probably didn’t know.
- Mercy Johnson-Okojie hails from Okene in Kogi state. She was born in 1984 in Lagos state to a retired naval officer father and mother. She is the fourth child in a family of seven.
The Nollywood star had her primary and secondary school education in different parts of the country because of her career officer father’s job.
- After finishing secondary school in Portharcourt, Rivers state, the actress decided to audition for a movie role after failing JAMB. According to her, she didn’t want to remain idle at home.
She landed her first role as the possessed maid in ‘The Maid.’ Her outstanding performance in “The Maid” marked the beginning of her success story as an actress. She has since gone on to star in over 200 movies. Aside from her successful movie career, she is also a good chef.
- Mercy Johnson has won several awards since joining Nollywood in 2003.
In 2009, she won an award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2009 African Movie Award ceremony for her performance in the movie ‘Live to Remember. She also won the Best Actress award at the 2013 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for her role in the comedy movie Dumebi the Dirty Girl.
- Mercy Johnson got married to Prince Odinosen Okojie in 2011. The couple is blessed with four beautiful children; Purity, Henry, Divine, and Angel.
- Based on her influence in the Nollywood industry, she is currently one of the topmost followed Nigerian celebrities on Instagram. The secret of the growth on Instagram has been attributed to her cult-like fans. One interesting and very unique feat about this actress is the speed at which her million followers are quick to click on anything she shares on the social media platform.