60 FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YEMI OSINBAJO ACTING PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA AS HE TURNS 60
Today March 8th 2017, is the 60th Birthday of the Acting president of Nigeria,he clocks 60. To celebrate this Fact and life crew of www.dailyfamily.ng has come out with 60 Facts
You need to know about Professor Yemi Osibajo. They are really interesting let go:
1. His Full name Oluyemi “Yemi” Oluleke Osinbajo
2. Born: 8 March 1957 (age 60 years),
3. He is from Ikenne,Ogun State.
4. His Local Government:Ikenne Local Government,Ogun state
5. Name of his Father:Engr.Opeoluwa Osinbajo
6. Name of his mother:Olubisi Osinbajo
7. He speaks both Yoruba and English Fluently
8. He was an Adviser (legal advice and litigation) to the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Prince Bola Ajibola
9. He is the Vice President of Nigeria,
in office since 29 May 2015.
10. He ran on the joint ticket with Muhammadu Buhari
11. He is the Acting President of Nigeria
12. Yemi Osinbajo was educated at Corona primary School, in Lagos. Between 1969–1975,
13. He attended Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria. From 1975–1978,
14. He studied for his undergraduate degree in Law at the University of Lagos, where he was awarded a LLB Law degree.
15. From 1979–1980 he attended Nigerian Law School. In 1981, he was awarded a Master of Laws after attending the London School of Economics.
16. From 1979–1980, Osinbajo served the compulsory one year youth services as a legal officer with Bendel Development and Planning Authority (BDPA), Bendel state.
17. He was born in Creek Hospital, Lagos
18. He is Married to Oludolapo Osinbajo
19. Oludolapo Osinbajo was a grand Child of Chief Obafemi Awolowo
20. Siblings: Four (3 Boys and One girl).Among whom is Akin Osinbajo ,one time Attorney general and commissioner for Justice in Ogun State.
21. It was Chief Obafemi Awolowo predicted that one of Engr.Osinbajo’s children will marry his grand children.
22. From 1997 to 1999 he was made Professor of Law and Head of Department of Public Law, University of Lagos
23. From 1999 to 2007, Osinbajo was Member of Cabinet, Lagos State Ministry of Justice, also Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice
24. “He was appointed Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in 1999 and reappointed for a second term in 2003.
25. During the period of his public service, he commenced the Lagos State justice reform project.
26. A prominent feature of that project was the establishment of the Directorate for Citizens’ Rights (DCR) which provides free legal services and legal representation to indigent citizens of the state.
27. His DCR initiative gave a voice to many who would otherwise not have a way to access their rights.
28. Pastoral career:
Yemi Osinbajo was also the Pastor in charge of the Lagos Province 48, Olive Tree provincial headquarter parish,of Redeemed Christian Church Of God Ikoyi before his inauguration into office as the Vice President of Nigeria.
29. His spiritual Father: Pastor E.A Adeboye,the highly referred General overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God is his mentor and spiritual Father.
30. Professor Osinbajo says he is still a Pastor but on loan to the Federal Government.
31. He was the Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice
In office 1999–2007
32. Political party: All Progressives Congress
33. Number of Children 3,two Girls,one Boy.
34. Names of his Children Kayinsola,Fiyinfolu and kiki
35. Hi first Child Kanyin graduated with a Master of Arts in Liberal Studies degree from Dartmouth College, a private university based in Hanover, New Hampshire, US last Monday.
36. Fiyinfoluwa who schooled in England is a fast-rising photographer whose photography has been influenced and inspired by Lolu Osinbajo, Temi Adebayo and TY Bello.
37. Yemi Osinbajo is a motivational Speaker and erudite scholar
38. Profession: He is a Lawyer
39. He is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria(SAN)
40. Religion: Christianity
41. Denomination: Redeemed Christian Church of God
42. His online Presence:
Website: profyemiosinbajo.com. His twitter handles @ProfOsibanjo, @yemiosinbajo .His Facebook: www.facebook.com/
43. Partner in Law Firm of Osinbajo, Kukoyi & Adokpaye.
44. He was a Senior lecturer at faculty of law, Lagos State University Lecturing public law.
45. He was an Ethics Advisor to the Ethics Committee of the African Development Bank.
46. Was a non-executive Director of Citibank.
47. Staff Member, United Nations Operations in Somalia, Justice Division, UNOSOM II.
48. Member, United Nations Secretary General’s Committee of Experts on Conduct and Discipline of UN, Peacekeeping Personnel around the globe, Member, 2006.
49. Osinbajo was made Senior Partner, Simmons Cooper Partners (Barristers and Solicitors), Nigeria
50. Member of Nigerian Bar Association And International Bar Association
51. Member of Nigerian Body of Benchers
Council of Legal Education in Nigeria and Senior Advocate of Nigeria
52. He won State Merit Award 1971
53. Won the School Prize for English Oratory, 1972
54. He won Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972–1975
55. He won Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) 1973
56. He also won School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975
57. His other award is African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974
58. President Goodluck Jonathan conferred on Osinbajo the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger on May 28, 2015.
59. In 2007, he and his wife founded “The Orderly Society Trust”, a non- governmental organization that is dedicated to the promotion of Christian ethics and orderliness.
60. Professor Osinbajo is the co-founder and Board Member Convention on Business Integrity and the Justice Research Institute Ltd.
60+1 “Professor Osinbajo has authored, co-authored and edited several books and publications including The Unification and Reform of the Nigerian Criminal Law and Procedure Codes ; Law Development and Administration; The Annotated Civil Procedure rules of The Superior Courts in Nigeria and Cross Examination: A Trial Lawyer’s Most Potent Weapon.
From all of us at www.dailyfamily.ng,we wish the Acting President long life and prosperity, LET SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUYAH
Folloe us on twitter @dailyfamilyng