The year 2017 is gradually going to an end and 2018 is fast approaching. You need to take some very important steps and initiate the process ahead of the New Year in order to achieve good success in the Year 2018.
You need to adopt the combination of foresight, Hindsight and Insight for the task ahead if you really desire better results in the New Year
Foresight involves planning ahead. It includes you having the ability to foresee and prepare wisely for the future.
Hindsight is knowing the reality of what is on ground and finding the way forward
Insight is the ability to discern well for the journey ahead
You need 7 Important Ps to have a successful 2018. They are:
1. Partnership: no one can achieve greatness alone, you need partners. John 15:5
a. You need to partner with God who sees and knows everything.
b. You need to partner with yourself. Don’t be a pessimist. Be optimistic that things will work out well for your good. See possibility in everything and never embrace defeat mentality.
c. Partner with strategic people, you need destiny helpers who will not be envious of your achievement
2. Planning: Luke 14:28-30. Planning is a method of making something happens and it involves;
a. Documentation, make sure you write down your plans
b. Put a time frame, it could be weekly, monthly or quarterly. You must be coordinated to have a good planning.
c. Be accountable to someone and yourself.
Remember there is always labour, process, sacrifice and investment before the glory.
3. Preparation: It is getting involved in experience and journey that will take you to the end result. It involves acquiring relevant skills. Proverbs 16:1. There is the need for a sincere evaluation of your totality to know areas of deficiency and improvement then embark on a process of learning, reading and training to acquire the necessary skills.
4. Priority: this must be set right. You must know which one is more urgent and important in all the things you want to do. Getting engaged in something meaningful will keep you away from pettiness.
Here you need to use the SWOT analysis. Know your Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threat.
5. Personal Evaluation: judge the previous year fairly. Ask yourself what you haven’t done right so as to do it well the next year. Psalm 26:2, 2nd Corinthians 13:5. The attitude of blaming someone, a group of people, unpleasant situations and Government as the case may be for your non-achievement is a waste of time, rise up and utilize another chance/opportunity stirring at you to become better and achieve greater things.
6. Public/People Evaluation: You also need certain people that know or that you have worked with to help evaluate you. This can be seen as a feedback which is good for growth. This is to enable you to identify and know what to improve on for better delivery and performance. When someone points to you what to do better, never take it personal as an attack or display of hatred for you, it’s far from it, the essence is to bring out the best in you, appreciate the process. Acts 28:18, Proverbs 4:18
7. Prayer: the place of prayer cannot be overemphasized. Pray ahead of 2018, all your plans, preparations, ideas and the rest will only yield results when you have learnt to commit everything into the hands of the God of Universe, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, the Giver and Sustainer of good success, you need God, pray to HIM for His help and guidance in the New Year, Matthew 17:21, Prayer and fasting are key.
Also read: 5 Things Every Woman Lacks in Pregnancy