8 SECURITY LESSONS YOU MUST LEARN FROM EVANS KIDNAPPING SAGA
The trending news of Evans the kidnapper has no doubts captivated our audience in the last few weeks, however some salient points of note which can become learning curves to us and our loved ones are as follows:
1. Our locations at any point in time should be guarded jealously lest it be divulged to possible would-be -kidnappers. (Many take delight in pin pointing their locations on social media) in the light of recent happenings we all want to be circumspect and cautious with regards to our whereabouts.
2. It has become necessary to carry out vetting (background checks) on any prospective domestic employee before final engagement(As Evans claims to have been employed severally as a driver thereby leading to).
3. You must make it a point of duty to cross check referees/guarantors for accuracy of the information given by prospective (domestic) employees, do not also fail to obtain recent passport photographs of such applicants.
4. It has become a trend for some to flaunt their lifestyles on social media, such advertisement if unchecked may bring ugly consequences.
5. We want to be wary of individuals who come into sudden wealth in our neighborhoods as this could be signs of criminality.
6. When we receive phone calls especially by strangers alleging emergencies of any type to close friends or relatives, let us pause a bit and carry out due diligence before embarking on journeys that may lead into the hands of kidnappers.
7. We want to keep our travel plans to our chest and refrain from given such details to even our security details unless absolutely necessary as some of these security details could have become compromised.
8. Finally, It is not advisable to discuss your financial transactions in the presence of the Driver, househelp, live- relations, security and YOUR CHILDREN. Discussions should be on the basis of need to know.Culled from Alamu Suraj Tayo Facebook wall