9 Hidden Healers of Marriage
When a marriage is sick, it needs to be healed. A marriage can become sick when it lacks natural and supernatural nutrients to make it work. The symptom of this sickness can be an argument, strife, malice, hatred, bickering, treat, constant disagreement etc
But note that no matter the state of your marriage, there is no marriage that is irreparable in the workshop of God. All you need to do are the following:
1) DEVELOP A POSITIVE MINDSET ABOUT YOUR SPOUSE: Your marriage will be whatever your heart makes it be if you allow rubbish in your heart about your spouse you will experience the wild wind in marriage.
No matter your disagreement, see your spouse as the best for you.
2) BE COMMITTED TO FORGIVENESS: You will definitely offend each other one time or the other, what will keep your marriage moving is forgiveness in spite of imperfectness of both of you. Quality marriage comes from a total commitment to continuous forgiveness for the rest of your life.
3) DEPARTMENTAL MARRIAGE TALK: Every marriage has at least 18 departments, holding what I love to refer to as departmental marriage talk, will make your marriage better. This involves talking about different components of your marriage, which includes: Spiritual life, Health, Finance, Sex, Children, in-laws, Jobs/Career/Ministry, vision, outlook, Food, Projects etc.
4) DAYS OFF: Taking some days off monthly to be with your spouse, to talk, play, plan, pray, sleep, rest, unwind and make love will help your marriage greatly.
5) FRESH TOUCH: Having stay long together in marriage may be hurting your marriage, it may be the reason why your marriage looks dull and uninteresting, it may be the reason why things look bored and you feel lonely despite his or her presence. Give a new touch to your marriage by getting new knowledge about marriage, love, romance, and sex, this you can do by listening to marriage messages from anointed men of God or read marriage books alone or with your spouse or attend marriage programs, seminars or quality couples banquet meetings.
6) RECONCILIATION: Forgiveness is good but it is not enough to make your marriage work, you need reconciliation with your spouse. If you are the offending partner Apologise to your spouse and talk extensively so that you can move on.
If you are the offended partner forgive your spouse and call him or her into a LOVE MEETING where you can talk things out without blaming or passing judgment and please don’t wait for apology if your spouse is not ready to give especially if he or she did not think he or she offended you or have reasons for doing what he or she did.
7) EXPLANATION: At times you just need to sit down to talk and explain to each other, that may just be the answer, the problem may just be communication gap that needs to be blocked. So, go ahead explain things to each other.
8) APOLOGY: Apology may be needed like I said if you are the offended partner find it easy to apologize, that does not reduce you, it rather shows you are mature, wise and strong
9) AVOID THIRD PARTIES: No matter the level of misunderstanding in your marriage, never involve third parties. Third parties are your friends, parents, family members, siblings, neighbours, children, colleague etc or anybody that is biased, will not say the truth or will take side with one of you.
Please don’t look for anybody that will take side or judge but somebody that will be able to tell you the truth without destroying your marriage.