Christmas is here again and just some days from now. This is the season your loved ones will choose to visit you and you need to be prepared for that.
Whether your visitors are planning to stay for some days or just a day, it is equally important that you take good care of them and make sure they enjoy their stay. Here are things you need to do:
Prepare for both adults and children
It is important for you to prepare to receive visitors appropriately. This means treating your visitors the right way. What is appealing to an adult may not be interesting to children so prepare for both adults and children. Also, take a look at the space you have and how many people you can accommodate.
Take away what you don’t want spoilt
Christmas period is a time of fun and you may not be able to stop people (both adults and children) from playing or making use of your things. Keep your valuables well so that you won’t get upset with your visitors over them.
Make your home conducive
You don’t need millions to make your home conducive during Christmas. Here is what you should do: Clean your house well, Dispose those things that are no more needed in the house, Decorate a Christmas tree if you have one, Decorate the house according to what you can afford, Get musicals that can make the stay of your guests enjoyable. Apart from these things listed, do other things that will make your guests feel at home.
Prepare well for children
Accommodating an adult in your home may not really be as difficult as that of children; this is because adults don’t really have much expectation compared to that of children. Children are always with the expectation that where they are visiting during the holidays will be better than their home. To take good care of your children visitors, here are the things you can do:
* Take away all harmful stuffs; whatever you know can endanger children must be taken away from their reach.
* Set boundaries; when you receive children to your house, tell them the places they can play, sleep, watch TV, play games and so on. Give them warnings to stay away from places like the kitchen or whatever place that is not safe.
* Prepare to feed them; i guess you know that children eat a lot and consistently too. So, get prepared to feed them. Buy foodstuffs that will appeal to them as children.
* Get games; one way to keep children busy if you don’t want them to disturb is by providing games-get interesting and educative games they will enjoy and you have less period to be bothered.
* Take them out; children love to have fun and may get bored if they remain in a place with a routine over and over. Choose a day or two to take them to interesting places they will enjoy.
* Accommodate them in love; children are bound to get you upset most of the time, you have to choose not to be upset and you remind yourself that (they are just children anyway). So, when they get the whole place messed up, you can get them involved in an interesting cleaning exercise just to show them they should not do so again.
Create a budget
Don’t just plan to receive visitors in your house because it may be a bit demanding financially as you may desire to make them really enjoy their stay. It is not appropriate to turn down those coming to visit but you can prepare well by making a budget.
Look at how much you have and compare this with how much it will cost you to take care of your family and those coming to visit. After doing this, decide to only spend what you can afford because after Christmas and New Year celebrations, there are still a lot of things you need money to take care of.
Know your visitors well
It is necessary to know some details about those coming to visit you. For example, if an asthmatic patient is part of your visitor there are things you must not do. So, you may need to know the health status, foods they eat, what types of clothes they put on-if this is what you will allow in your house or not, the kind of movies they love to watch and some other important details.
Fill your First Aid box
If you don’t have a First Aid box in your house, you may need to get one. If you have, make sure all the medications and materials that can be used when there is an injury or accident is loaded in it.
If you are a parent, be careful about those you receive into your house. If you don’t know what that family’s beliefs are or what values they have passed to their children, you may have to stop them from visiting your house so as to safeguard your own children from being corrupted. If you can’t stop them from visiting, then, load your children with the right values and advise them not to emulate or follow wrong values.
Get gifts for your visitors