9 QUALITIES OF A MAN TO MARRY AS A CHRISTIAN LADY. No 5 WILL SHOCK YOU
By: Yomi Adewale
It is expected of a mature lady to be thinking and dreaming of Mr Right, with certain expectations and character traits that will glorify God and not be harmful to her now and even in the future
Where a lady is already engaged to a man who is to be her future husband, she will still continue to check if she is making the right decision, just to be sure that she gets things right without mistakes
Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: But a faithful man who can find? Proverbs 20:6 (KJV)
We would highlight some qualities of a husband material for a godly lady who is having a promising future:
(1) A child of God: He must be from God’s sanctuary, he must know God, love Him and makes himself relevant in the kingdom by working for God with the right motive, not for the pretentious reason of coming to Church to pick a wife. He must be aware of biblical principles and be obedient to them such as NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE (2 Corinthians 6:14-18). Marriage needs spiritual harmony and unity, if he is not in the same camp with you, the journey will be harmful to both of you in the battle of life. Devil will make you both stand as opponents as you keep fighting and troubling your home. Even if he claims to have known God before but now a backslider, be careful, he needs help for restoration back to the Lord. The man you want to marry must be single like you not already married or being separated from his wife.
(2) He must be a serious-minded person: Someone who knows where he is going, what he is doing and how you will fit in as a helper to join him fulfil destiny and the plan of God for his life and both of you. Someone who is determined, who is serious with the relationship, taking God seriously and confronting life generally with intentionality. James 1:8 (KJV)
(3) A man of vision: He needs to be running his God-given vision for the future, he must have ideas and must have broken down the vision into achievable goals. Not a confused man who is being tossed to and fro by different winds. He must nowhere he is going so that when you join him you both will journey to a glorious destiny and destination. If he does not know, he will slow both of you down. There is a need for purposeful living in order to have a meaningful existence. Proverbs 29:18 (KJV)
(4) A Mature Man: This test of maturity is key in making a marital decision, joining your life with a guy who is unstable in his mind will take you to an unpredictable destination. He needs to depend on his parents, friends, colleagues before making even the simplest of all decisions in life, you may be in for people’s parliament all through your marital journey. 1 Corinthians 13:11 (KJV)
You will be convinced about his maturity by checking how he handles matters in the relationship especially rough situations like misunderstanding, critical moves etc if he is so coward, given to anger and can behave unruly anywhere and anyhow but will later come back to apologize and he does this repeatedly, check it girl, hope this will not become a serious stronghold later in the marriage
(5) A lover who is authentic and genuine not just being romantic alone: There are many websites where ideas of love can be learnt so if he visits such sites regularly just to cajole you and love for you does not really flow from his heart, it comes from his head and anything can sweep the love away in a short moment. The love must be unconditional, sacrificial and rooted in the heart that fears the Lord. Marriage needs a very deep love that is progressing and growing daily. Roman’s 12:9-10 (KJV)
(6) A man of proven character: His character will be seen through his action, dispositions and reactions to you. He must be friendly and courteous. He must be meek and good. He must be proud of you not that you are forcing yourself on him. He must be able to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit and must have conquered the works of the flesh to the barest minimum. He must be faithful, reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
Galatians 5:19-26 (KJV)
(7) A man with a leadership trait: Ephesian 5:23 (KJV) says the man must be the head of the family but if he is a laid back fellow, he can’t inspire submission in you, it is difficult for you to influence him positively, he is not ready to face consequence of his actions and decision, he likes shifting blame, he does not like taking the lead and he is meant to be your head, may he not end up being your headache later in life
(8) A secure man: He must be able to protect and defend your cause, he must not be threatened and intimidated by your own big future plan and success story. He must be a strong man in heart who will not constitute a stumbling block for your personal and career growth agenda. A man that seeing you with another person does not make him doubt your truthful position, a man you can both build trust together and move from glory to glory.
Ecclesiastes 4:9 (KJV)
(9) A man of the future Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV): A man must be able to align himself with the thought of God for his life and future, he needs foresight and must be future-minded, not given to temporal pleasure to forfeit future blessing like Esau, he must be a man with self-control who can’t fall for any cheap temptations. He is looking at the glory ahead so he will never support offending God to the detriment of his life and colourful future. The relationship with you must have a motive and future in mind.
Check who is hanging around you so that you will not regret tomorrow, the agony of hooking up with a wrong person in a life journey of marriage is not what you want to wish anyone even your enemies. Wait on God and get it right, don’t fall for pressure, your time is coming very soon, everybody will rejoice with you in Jesus name, Amen