If you want to know how to be a great husband, it’s not that difficult. Pretty predictable creatures, what women want isn’t a diamond ring, a fairytale romance, or a guy who has millions in the bank (well at least not all of us). What most of us want is to have unconditional love, someone to rely on, and someone we feel appreciates us even when the horns and crazy eyes come out
1. Be protective. For evolutionary reasons, men are the hunters, and women are the gatherers and homemakers. A woman needs to feel like she is being protected. That isn’t just about having the bat by your side if someone breaks in, in the middle of the night. It involves protecting her from hurt and emotional pain.
2. Tend to her sexual needs. It is easy to get into the habit of the big bang, especially when you have tight schedules or the potential for a baby to walk through the door at any minute. If you want to know how to be a better husband, you have to tend to her sexual desires and sometimes do things that are just for her.
3. Kiss her every morning. A small and simple gesture, if you get into the habit of kissing her in the morning and before you go to bed, it will mean the world to her.
Whatever she might be harboring inside will instantly melt when she feels your lips touch hers.
4. Remember the important days. To guys, an anniversary or a birthday may just be another day. But, to a woman, those dates are important things. Women like to be fussed over once in a while. When you don’t acknowledge a special day, that gives her the impression that you don’t care enough to remember.
5. Tell her you to love her. Men aren’t always the most verbal creatures. Everyone speaks a different language of love. For some, doing things shows love. For others, buying gifts shows love. Most women need to hear “I love you” verbally. Don’t just assume she knows; tell her so.
6.Take her out frequently. When you become a couple, a lot of things change. It suddenly becomes much more comfortable and inexpensive to sit on the couch and watch a movie. Every woman wants to be wined and dined whether she is married or not. Make sure to take her out to dinner or just for drinks.
7. Say thank you. Sure, she does the laundry every day and picks your socks up off the floor. But, news flash, she doesn’t enjoy it, and it isn’t mandatory for her. When you do chores around the house for long enough, it just becomes something that people expect from you, and you are no longer appreciated.
8. Listen. Sometimes women feel like all we do is talk, and nothing ever gets absorbed. Show her that you are listening to engaging in the conversation… by talking. I know, exactly the opposite of what you would think. But, talking when she is talking shows her that you are attentive and listening not staring blankly at la-la land.
9. Talk nicely about her to others. Nothing makes a woman feel better than hearing you talking kindly about her. Sometimes it is uncomfortable to tell someone how you feel, that is why taking the opportunity to tell someone else when she is within earshot is an excellent way to make her feel good and tell her how you feel indirectly.
It is not always easy to make the woman in your life happy. In fact, at times it can feel like you are the bane of her existence. When you become a couple, that makes you her number one confidant, her heavy shoulder, and the person she is going to take her unhappiness out on.