Love cannot be static in marriage it will either be growing or decreasing why because the natural tendency of a car is to go off the road, while the natural tendency of a garden is towards a forest and while natural tendency of a new baby is dead. So to avoid the extinction of love in your marriage you must be committed to the growth of your marriage. Here lies what you must be committed to if you really desire to experience the growth of sincere love in your marriage
1. Spend adequate time together: Time is one of the greatest things you can invest in your marriage, do not allow modern day’s busyness sniff life out of your marriage. Spend adequate time together, talking, praying, playing, fellowshipping and connecting.
2. Study the word together: As you stay together, find time to feast on the word of God, reading and studying the word of God together will create a new atmosphere in your home. (Joshua 1:8).
3. Acceptance: Accept your spouse totally, and let him/her know you do, stop complaining, stop comparing your spouse with others.
4. Communicate freely and positively: Make your communication positive, talk freely and deeply. Talk as friends and lovers; never abuse, curse or lie.
5. Regard and respect each other: Treat your spouse as that special person he/she is, let him/her feel honored. Treat each other as kings and Queens. (Ephesians 5:33).
6. Think positively about each other: Either your spouse is there or, never thinks or talks negatively about him/her are positive in your mind and your word about your spouse. (Philippians 4:8)
7. Pray together: Praying together will knit your heart together and join you with divinity, pray with your spouse.
8. Provide adequately: Provide adequately for your family as long as it is within your power to do so, never allow your family to suffer.
9. Give gifts: Everybody love gift, somebody should give it. Tickle your spouse with a gift, no matter how small it is, your husband will appreciate the gift as small as belt, shoes, pants, tie, shirts, trousers, etc. No wife can ignore gifts like bags, scarf, blouse, handset, panties, bra, shoes, cloth, car, etc. don’t wait until Christmas or birthday day, give a gift now.