The Access Bank Lagos City Marathon race happens on April tenth, 2021 for about 12 hours. A few parts of our mega-city will be closed down for the security of thousands of runners, countless cheering fans, and millions of Lagosians.
Find underneath alternative route to help Lagosian Navigate their weekend dealings especially Lagosians who will probably not watch the marathon race live on TV
• All vehicles from Ikeja and environs headed to Victoria Island MUST go through Ikorodu Road
• All vehicles from Badagry, Mile 2, and environs going to Victoria Island MUST go through Apapa and Orile to link the Eko Bridge to Victoria Island
• Residents of Lagos Mainland, Surulere, and environs MUST avoid Masha Area and the National Stadium but can link Victoria Island through Iponri/Iganmu, Eko Bridge then on to Victoria Island
• Vehicles coming from Ibadan, Mowe, and environs can link Victoria Island through Ojota, Ikorodu Road, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
• Vehicles from Okota MUST go through Mile 2 to Orile, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island
• From Sango-Otta going to Victoria Island MUST go through Mushin, Funso Williams Avenue (Western Avenue), Eko Bridge to Victoria Island
• Vehicles coming from Epe, Ajah, Lekki, and environs must use the Alternative Route to Victoria Island
• Ikoyi residents going to the Mainland can use the Alfred Rewane (Kingsway Road) link to Osborne then to the Mainland
THE FOLLOWING ROADS WILL BE TOTALLY OR PARTIALLY CLOSED
a) Total closure of Third Mainland Bridge from 7.15 am to 2 pm
b) Alaka Road Service lane will be closed from 5.45 am to 7.30 am
c) National Stadium to Ojuelegba, Dormanlong Bridge, Onipanu, Obanikoro, and Anthony will be closed from 6.45 am to 9 am
d) From Anthony to Charly Boy Bus Stop to Oworonsoki will be closed from 7.15 am to 9 am
e) From Adekunle Junction linking the Third Mainland Bridge will be closed from 7.30 am to 2 pm.