Nigeria is unevenly distributed, with differences in the standard of living which range from place to place.
Obviously, the name of a place can tell you the categories of people living there.
I will be listing top five most expensive places to live in Nigeria:
- Banana Island: Banana Island, located in Lagos is the most expensive place in Nigeria. Many Nigerian billionaires and top politicians have properties there. The average property in Banana Island costs about 450 million Naira. It cost about 12 million Naira per annum to rent a 3-bedroom flat.
- Maitama, Abuja: Maitama, the most expensive property location in Abuja and second in the country, Maitama host most embassies and high commissions in Nigeria. The average property in Maitama is about 430 million Naira.
- Asokoro, Abuja: The third most expensive place in Nigeria, Aso rock presidential villa is located here, also many the place play host to many international agencies including WHO, property in Asokoro costs about 420 million Naira.
- Jabi Abuja: Here seems to be the hottest at the moment, most politicians are acquiring properties here, property in Jabi cost about 400 million Naira
- Nikon Town, Lekki: Located in Lagos, Nikon Town in Lekki is the fifth most expensive place in Nigeria as average property cost is about 320 million Naira.
Although these places are expensive, they have good security among others.