Gas explosions have been one of the major causes of untimely death lately in Nigeria and it is majorly caused by carelessness on the part of the users.
On December 13th, the Deputy Director of O-Ambulance, State of Osun, Olori Opeyemi Omobolawa Fola died while receiving a phone call as she was filling a gas cylinder in preparation for her mother’s birthday.
This is just one example of so many other people who have lost their lives as a result of not taking precautions when making use of gas in their houses.
Here are ways you can avoid gas explosions in your house:
- Keep your gas cylinders out of the reach of your children.
- When leaving the house, remove the regulator totally from the gas cylinder so as to avoid leakage when you are not around.
- Do not use your phone in the kitchen at all and warn others in the house against such.
- Make sure you turn off the knob of your cylinder after each use.
- Do not shake cylinders to check the level of the content in it.
- If you have to shake, remove the valve totally to prevent leakage.
- Do not leave the gas on before striking the matches or your lighter.
- Keep your face at a distance when you are about to light your gas cooker
Everyone must keep in mind that the safety of the family is very important and it starts from keeping guard against anything that can lead to danger.