Dangerous foods you need to Eliminate when dealing with fibroids
Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors found within the uterine walls, often resulting in a change in the size or shape of the uterus as well as several unpleasant symptoms.
However, they can also be symptomless. So whether you know you have fibroids or not, it’s a great idea for any woman to do things to naturally prevent these common growths in the uterus.
One of the top tips on how to get rid of fibroids without surgery is to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables of various colors – green, white, yellow, purple, orange, red, etc. Legumes are also beneficial.
Fruits and vegetables, as well as various legumes, contain plenty of nutrients that are beneficial to the body in addition to some containing phytoestrogens which are similar to the estrogen produced by the body while being less potent than the estrogen produced by the body. Phytoestrogens will bind to estrogen receptors which can help get rid of the more potent excess estrogen produced by the body.
Constipation is a major problem and can cause hormone imbalance because of the toxins and waste that is accumulating in the body without being eliminated. If you have fibroids, you need to eat more fibre so that your body can get rid of the excess estrogen as well as other harmful waste in a timely manner.
There are also a lot of things you can do to balance your hormones naturally, which is a key part of natural fibroid treatment.
1.Foods that are rich in fibre. Two or three bowel movements a day is ideal. If your diet is fibre deficient, start slowly and gradually build up so that your body can get used to having more fibre so that you can avoid issues such as bloating, gas, diarrhoea, etc, if you suddenly start eating large amounts of fibre.
2. Eliminate processed, frozen, refined and canned foods and try to eat more unprocessed fresh foods that are organic and free of pesticides, antibiotics and insecticides which can wreak havoc on your hormones because they introduce “xenoestrogens” which are chemical estrogens into the body. Unlike the estrogen produced by the body and phytoestrogens contained in some plants, xenoestrogens can be harmful to the body and you don’t need them in your body.
3. Consume more deep sea cold-water fish such as salmon. Look for salmon designated as “wild caught” and avoid “farm raised” salmon which are usually full of antibiotics. Also limit the amount of shellfish you consume because despite them containing various vitamins and minerals, they also contain contaminants such as mercury and are high in cholesterol.
4. Avoid cholesterol-rich foods as well as saturated fats including fast food, fried foods, whole milk products, etc.
5. Instead of saturated fats and trans fats, only consume unrefined, cold-pressed, extra- virgin healthy oils such as olive oil, flax seed oil, hemp seed oil, Almond oil, coconut oil, etc, which contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids which are healthier fats and which the body needs.
6. Try to stay away from white sugar as well as various foods and drinks made with white sugar. Sugar has no nutritional value and can encourage an estrogen dominant state. If you have to have something sweet, opt for alternatives such as stevia, honey or dates.
7. Eliminate sodas (regular and diet) and fruit juices. Drink more water instead which will not only keep you remain well hydrated but will also help with the elimination of waste especially if you start eating more fibre. More fibre needs more water to enable the movement of waste through and out of your body.Try to drink only filtered water and avoid drinking tap water b which can be full of chemicals and other harmful microbes.
There are plenty of water filters to suit every price point so you do not need to make any excuses for why you cannot drink filtered water!
8. Avoid or reduce alcohol consumption because alcohol can lead to hormone imbalance.
9. Limit your salt consumption. Sea salt is a better and healthier alternative. Sea salt contains various minerals including iodine which is one of the top natural remedies to help shrink fibroids.
10. Another tip on how to get rid of fibroids without surgery is to eat more seeds such as sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, etc , which contain zinc which has been found to be able to support hormone balance and prevent a state of estrogen dominance. These seeds also contain many healthy fats.
In conclusion, a bonus tip is to eat several small meals a day instead of 2 or 3 large meals. Eat three healthy small meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner with two small healthy snacks in between. This will help with weight loss by keeping your metabolism up. Obesity causes hormone imbalance as well as other health problems more serious than uterine fibroids.
You don’t have to make these changes all at once as it may be more difficult to sustain. Start making small changes and gradually build up as you get more used to a healthier lifestyle. For instance, instead of a heavy greasy breakfast, incorporate a healthy smoothie or green juice and other small changes. Small changes lead to big results so don’t think that you have to make drastic changes all at once.
Be kind to yourself and don’t beat yourself up if you revert back to your old habits. Acknowledge your moment of weakness so that you do not repeat the mistake and do better the next time. Consistency will help you create new, healthier habits that will not only heal your body of fibroids but that will also improve your general health and wellbeing.