Home » HOW A DOCTOR NEARLY DIED DURING RECENT LEKKI FLOOD (MUST READ, THIS MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE)

HOW A DOCTOR NEARLY DIED DURING RECENT LEKKI FLOOD (MUST READ, THIS MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE)

by Family Center
HOW A DOCTOR NEARLY DIED DURING RECENT LEKKI FLOOD (MUST READ, THIS MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE)

-Dr Taiwo

HOW A DOCTOR NEARLY DIED DURING RECENT LEKKI FLOOD (MUST READ, THIS MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE)

HOW A DOCTOR NEARLY DIED DURING RECENT LEKKI FLOOD (MUST READ, THIS MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE)

I was in Lagos during the recent floods in Ikoyi, Lekki and Victoria island.

Myself, my brother, my mother and our driver were caught up in the flood on our way to a function.

The vehicle we were traveling in was submerged in several feet of water and it was raining heavily at the time whilst we were waiting to disembark at the venue.

I started feeling unwell and I suspected something was wrong but could not figure it out. The last thing I remembered was asking my brother “is there something wrong with the air conditioner”

Myself, my mother and the driver lapsed into an unconscious state.

I am grateful to God and the quick action of my brother who miraculously was not affected and so was able to call for help.

A total of 6 people in two different vehicles were affected of which 4 of us were transferred to a nearby hospital.

I was unconscious for about 45 minutes, a period I can only describe as a bad dream that I was fighting to wake up from.

When I woke up and recognised I was still in my trouser suit, therefore knew that I was still on earth and alive. Being a medical doctor, I immediately realised that we had been affected by *carbon monoxide poisoning*.

It states on the NHS website –

“Faulty or blocked exhausts – a leakage or a blockage in the exhaust pipe, such as after heavy snowfall, could lead to a build up of carbon monoxide”

I was surprised after sharing my experience with 3 close friends, only 1 of them knew that in the event described above, your air conditioner should be switched off and your windows wound down.

On this occasion, every single person made a full recovery to the Glory of God.

Please share as you feel inclined to in order to educate our loved ones about the dangers of unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning from car exhaust.


Follow us on Facebook – 
Dailyfamily.ng, Twitter – @DailyfamilyNG and instagram @dailyfamilyng for more updates

Related Articles

Leave a Comment