FIVE KINDS OF LOVE THAT MUST EXIST IN EVERY MARRIAGE
There are five kinds of love which must always be involved in any marriage, they are:
1. Passion- It Is known as EROS in Greek, it is a sexual love, base on romance and erotic feelings. It is called LUST if it is not directed towards one’s married partner or if it is between singles. It is needful in marriage for couples to enjoy their sex life when passion is not involved in a marriage their sex life will look drab and uninteresting and when sex is having a problem in marriage it will affect the whole marriage.
2. Emotion- It is known as PHILEA- It is love base on feelings and affections for another. It is what most people mean when they are in love, but, it is different from agape. While agape is unconditional, Philea is love that thrives on feelings and easily dies when the climate is not right. It is also needed in marriage.
3. Attraction- It is a sense of acceptance of how somebody looks or what they are doing. It can also be called INFATUATION. It is common among singles especially teenagers. It is also needed in marriage. There should be a deep attraction between husbands and wives that will keep them together till one of them dies. When attraction dies, it will affect passion and emotion thereby it will affect the marriage. Couples should deliberately create an attraction; women should dress neatly to win the admiration of their husbands. Attraction helps emotion and sustains passion. It should be guided jealously.
4. Agape- This is the real love, we also call it COMPASSION. It is divine; it speaks of God’s love. Love for somebody that does not deserve it, it is unconditional, no string attached, it is not based on feelings, sex, attraction or what is likely to be gained from the relationship. It is a giving love, it is a service. A sacrificial love. You need it to connect your spouse even when the feeling is long dead in marriage. You may not feel love every day, yet you stay in love in marriage.
5. Storage- This is love based on family ties and blood relations. This is the love that exists among family members. You need it in marriage because blood is thicker than water, it also helps in preventing divorce in marriage.