Generator smoke kills 4 family members who travelled to Kwara for the Sallah
In Sanmora, Irepodun Local Government Area, Kwara State, four family members were discovered dead after falling asleep with the generator running.
When the unfortunate tragedy occurred between Tuesday night, July 20, and Wednesday morning, July 21, the Lagos-based family was in Kwara state for the Sallah festivities.
A man, his wife, another woman, and a child were among the casualties from the Ojomu family complex.
On Wednesday, July 21, two more people were found unconscious in the house and transported to the hospital. According to witness statements, the family dined late Tuesday night and then fell asleep with the generator running in their corridor. On Wednesday, a neighbour who came to greet them discovered their dead and alerted authorities.
A witness states that: “We discovered their lifeless bodies early this morning, the head of the house, his two wives and one of his children were all dead.
“Two of the family members who were unconscious at the time of our breaking in have been rushed to the hospital. Although they’re both in critical conditions, it is our prayer they survive.”
The incident was confirmed by Ajayi Okasanmi, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Kwara State Police Command.
Four members of the same family were involved in the event, according to Okasanmi, who added that two more members of the family were recovering at the hospital.
Kindly follow us on: