#FamilyKitchen: How to Make Yellow Chicken Curry Sauce
Eating your white rice, the usual way can become really boring, this is why dailyfamily.ng is bringing to you this delicious sauce that will make white rice taste absolutely differently.
Yellow Chicken Curry Sauce can be used as a good and delightful replacement for the usual pepper stew that you have been eating White rice with.
Ingredients for making Yellow Chicken Curry Sauce
- 2 Onions, Chopped neatly
- 2 cloves of Garlic, grated or also neatly chopped
- 3 tablespoons of Curry powder or Curry Paste
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Cardamom
- 4 tablespoons Sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon Ginger already grated
- 500g of Chicken, cut into sizes desired
- 200g Water
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 175ml coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
How to make delicious Yellow Chicken Curry Sauce
– Measure the cumin and cardamom in a bowl and process both in a dry blender
– Grate Ginger and Garlic after peeling it then chop the onions finely
– Put a pan or pot on your cooker with low heat, pour the dry spices, swirl it for 20 seconds until fragrant aroma starts coming out of the spices
– Add the finely chopped onions and keep stirring for the next 3 minutes until it starts giving a dark golden colour. Avoid allowing it burn so it won’t affect the taste
– Add ginger and garlic and continue stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes
– Add the curry paste and continue stirring for 2 minutes. After this, add the tomato puree.
– Pour the chicken into and toss it so that the spices can coat it well. Add water so the chicken can cook well for the next 10 minutes
– Add your coconut milk and let it cook for another 30 to 40 minutes
– Add salt and seasoning to taste
– Your Yellow Chicken Curry Sauce is ready to be served with your white rice and vegetables.