Home » “My husband was asleep but had no idea, the parlour was burning”- Wife recounts

“My husband was asleep but had no idea, the parlour was burning”- Wife recounts

by Family Center
Burnt Property-dailyfamily.ng

A family in Imo state living close to a world bank office in Owerri had just been saved from a raging fire incident that would have burn a father of one who had been sleeping in an inner room on Sunday.

According to Mrs Ibekwe, the wife of the man sleeping she said.

“We were in church this morning when my phone rang and I was told that, our house is on fire, I hurried home to find nothing left of our Furniture, thank God no life was lost.

According to Mrs Ibekwe who had been terrified about the fact that her husband was coincidentally sleeping while the house was burning.

ALSO READ: House on fire as lawmakers throw punches [Photos]

“My husband was asleep in one of the rooms but had no idea, the parlour was burning.

Burnt Apartment-dailyfamily.ng

Burnt Apartment-dailyfamily.ng

Burnt Property-dailyfamily.ng

Burnt Property-dailyfamily.ng

Woman With Neigbour -dailyfamily.ng

Woman With Neigbour -dailyfamily.ng

Neighbours who spoke to Mrs Ibekwe said her little daughter had alerted her sleeping husband to the situation by shouting, fire fire fire.

The Chief of staff to the Government Of Imo State and founder, Ezihe Foundation, Ugwumba Dr. Uche Nwosu who was called to the scene of the fire outbreak has described the incident as unfortunate.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Social Media /ICT, Mazi Anayochukwu Abasiodu Idiong who also was at the scene conveyed the sympathy of Imo state Government to the affected family.

He further warned residents to ensure they switch off all electrical appliances before leaving home to avoid similar consequences in future.

Follow us on Facebook – Dailyfamily.ng, Twitter – @DailyfamilyNG , Whatsapp +2348188889427, BBM PIN D86722A7 and instagram @dailyfamilyng for more updates.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment