Home » New Zealand family of three recovers from coma

New Zealand family of three recovers from coma

by Family Center
New Zealand family of three recovers from coma -dailyfamily.ng

You will recall the story of three members of a New Zealand family who got poisoned after the consumption of a boar and went into coma, a new report says they have regained their consciousness

A 62-year-old mother, Alekutty Daniel, her son, Shibu Kochummen, 35 and Subi Babu 32, Kochummen’s wife all became seriously ill at their Waikato home on November 10 after eating a wild boar curry believed to be contaminated with the potentially-fatal botulism toxin and went to coma afterwards.

Doctors initial prediction was that the family might die or be paralysed for life but Mr Kochummen and his mother woke from their comas earlier this week.

According to Otago Daily Times report, the Indian couple’s daughters, one seven-year-old and the other, a-year-old daughters were finally reunited with their parents after their mother Ms Babu likewise opened her eyes on the morning of Saturday.

ALSO READ: Shocking: Paralysis hits New Zealand family after eating Wild Boar

The couple’s eldest daughter also became unconscious minutes ago after consuming the boar dish. Though she became traumatized after seeing her mother, father and grandmother vomiting.

Mr Kochummen who paralyzed while being wheeled out by paramedics is now in the right state of his mind and can now speak properly but neither are able to move without support of hospital staff.

Responding to Kochummen’s development, his friend, Joji Varghese said.

“The biggest thing going through his mind at the moment is how long it’s going to take for things to get back to normal again.”

Follow us on Facebook – Dailyfamily.ng, Twitter – @DailyfamilyNG , Whatsapp +2348188889427, BBM PIN D86722A7 and instagram @dailyfamilyng for more updates.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment