Mr. Moses Yakubu, his bride, the best man and two other family members were reportedly abducted by gunmen at Akunnu in Akoko North East Local Government of Ondo State on Sunday.
The incident which occurred just few hours to the engagement ceremony of the couple.
According to report, the victims were coming from Okene in Kogi State and heading to Akure for the engagement, when the gunmen attacked them at Akunnu Akoko.
Confirming the incident, the father of the bride, Mr Ahmed Amodu who said the bride and her younger sister were later set free by the kidnappers but the groom and the remaining two male and female friends were taken away.
The engagement scheduled to hold on Sunday afternoon at Ogungbolahan street, off Agagu road, Aule Quarters, Akure has been called off.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Ondo State Command Mr. Femi Joseph who confirmed the incident, said the policemen had been deployed to the scene and forest in the area to rescue the victims.
The PPRO, assured the people that the command would do everything possible to put an end to incessant kidnapping at the Akoko area, which shares
at the Akoko area, which shares boundary with Kogi and Edo states.