Home » Updates: Fire guts house in Ikeja

Updates: Fire guts house in Ikeja

by Family Center
Updates: Fire guts house in Ikeja

IKEJA – A fire outbreak at Fadeyi Aladura street off Balogun (bus stop), Ikeja at about few minutes to 3pm has left many saddened with tears as the first floor of a storey building burnt to rubbles even after the Lagos state fire service team arrived the scene to put off the fire.

Our correspondent who was at the scene of the fire outbreak noted that the flame began, some few minutes to 3pm with the cause of the ignition, yet to be known.

He noted that residents in the area had gathered, putting together efforts to quench the fire which was initially smoking out furiously but were unable to do much as the fire eventually burst out in flames scaring everyone, some feets away.

DAILYFAMILY reports that two men, resident in the area had gone to the affected floor from the front porch, to get some valuables out of the building.

But then, a flat screen Television, three generator sets and some clothes were what they were able to get out of the aflame part of the building.

Generator sets thrown from the first floor

Generator sets thrown from the first floor

A tenant in the building, Honourable Omogbolahan Alade, representing Ikosi Ejinrin local government Epe division, noted that he had a problem with his car and he was about fixing it when he saw lots of people gathered downstairs at the entrance to his residence.

He then quizzed himself if the building burning was his house.

Alade said his wife who had gone to purchase credit card relayed to him that a neighbour in front of their residence had alerted her to the fire outbreak.

 

ALSO READ: Breaking: Fire guts house in Ikeja

 

“A neighbour in front of us said madam, look at your flat, there is a fire.”

Hon. Alade noted that his wife had a younger sister in the flat with a baby and the younger sister immediately opened the children’s room and she saw fire and quickly ran down.

Alade said he think the fire started from the roof of the building. He further noted that he called the Lagos state emergency number 767, describing the location of the fire outbreak.

He stressed that he called ten times after lots of other people called likewise but they didn’t arrive the location of the fire disaster at number 14, Fadeyi Aladura until about fifty-eight minute after he made the call.

Lagos state fire service parked at the accident scene

Lagos state fire service parked at the accident scene

Mrs Esther Franklin, a business woman and tenant at the affected building, who was also affected by the fire disaster said.

“I actually don’t know what happened because I wasn’t at home. I went to the Island where I was called and I find my way down here after being told the fire started from my neighour’s flat on the ceiling”.

She said people raised alarm and even her neighbour called the fire service but when she got home, the fire service team haven’t yet arrived.

“Even when I came from the Island, I was here for forty minutes before they came”. The woman noted as she bitterly recounted the experience that it wouldn’t have affected her flat, had they arrived the fire outbreak scene earlier.

The state of the house after the intervention of men from Lagos state fire service

The state of the house after the intervention of men from Lagos state fire service

Passersby staring at men of the Lagos state fire service at work

Passersby staring at men of the Lagos state fire service at work

Number 14, Fadeyi Aladura on fire

Number 14, Fadeyi Aladura on fire

When asked about the properties she was able to come out with, she said.

“That is Nigeria for you. I lost all my properties, every other things you can think of. My document, international passport, everything gone. But I give God the glory”.

All effort made to speak to men of the Lagos state fire service proved abortive as they were busy attending to the house which was still burning as at the time of filing this report.

Follow us on Facebook – Dailyfamily.ng, Twitter – @DailyfamilyNG , Whatsapp +2348188889427, BBM PIN D86722A7 and instagram @dailyfamilyng for more updates.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment